How to handle Lactarius Trivialis (Northern Milkcap)
Before selling Lactarius Trivialis to Dalla Valle´s purchase point, the mushrooms should be handled according to our instructions below. Please, read them carefully before picking the mushroom.
Handling fresh Lactarius Trivialis:
- Collect different spieces in their own boxes
- Lactarius Trivialis should be cleaned well in the forest. That is all the possible sand, dirt from the ground, needles, leaves etc should be taken off.
- Mushrooms should be sound, solid and not overaged (=colour brown underneath the cap). This is important.
- Do not collect the mushrooms in plastic bags.
- The maximum diameter of the cap is 10 cm. All the mushrooms should be whole = no cutting at all. There can be max 2 cm of the leg attached to the cap but seperate legs are not accepted.
- The mushrooms should be sold during the same day they are picked up from the forests
Prepairing Lactarius Trivialis in brine for sale:
Please, follw the following instructions for prepairing Lactarius in brine:
- Handle the mushrooms fresh according to our instructions above.
- Boil the mushrooms around 5 minutes in good amount of water (1/4 mushrooms and 3/4 water)
- Rinse quickyl after 5 minutes boiling with cold water for cooling the mushrooms the mushrooms.
- Salt down the cooled mushrooms: 100% cooled mushrooms --> 15 % of salt. For example: 10 kgs of boiled and rinsed mushrooms --> add 1,5 kg of sal. The salt should be added in layers.
- Store the mushrooms in brine in a cool, dry place (temperature +5°c)
For any other questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us or visit our purchase points.